The Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Union

The Union Alliance Forums

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

High power Wbs

Go down 
+5
Xenon
ecip
filik
Zirnitra
Laassaalos
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Laassaalos

Laassaalos

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:11 pm

Ok so this is my idea for the union and its wbs.

I want the Union to feature as an a alliance. I feel the best way to do that is through RvR wbs, further it helps if we are good and can do things for ourselves. Let me just say i don't want to become a CIR where people hate us cos tell everyone what to do. I want us to be as good as them but not as stuck up and as closed off to the rest of Destro.

So how do we get there. Well the first thing is that we need to get wbs balanced from a career point of veiw. Second is to have lvl 40's with at least anni gear. Third is that all member in the wb give up their rr hungry ways and do what is best for the Relm. Fourth all players play as a team and understand how to fight together.

How do we do this? Well some things come over time, some through add ons. But this can only come about if we set up a player list. Those on the list will be allowed to join the wb. This means that only those at the top can get in, and make the quality of the wb better.

Now i know this may seem horrible to those that aren't lvl 40 yet but i think what we can do is on certain days we can have open alliance wbs that will be open to all T4 players and we can just go have some fun, and at the same time show them the rope as to how an alliance wb works.

Now i don't mind getting all this done and getting a player list worked out and all that. Although i will need people to help. So my question is do you like this idea? and is there some people that don't mind helping me try achieve this?

Comments and crits all welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Zirnitra

Zirnitra

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:45 pm

Nvm..

Last edited by Zirnitra on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laassaalos

Laassaalos

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:00 pm

Its not that we don't have the players. We do, yesturday we got a full wb, and it was balanced. I am more talkin about getting a group of players that want to be good at RvRing and do well.

That said it would be nice to have a few new guilds join to add to the pool of players
Back to top Go down
filik

filik

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:36 am

It would also be good to have some tactic discussion, as well as clearing up what the various classes/builds are capable of.

I'm unfortunatedly still in hospital... Sad

-Filik (bo57, plink sh48, tarithel dok46)
Back to top Go down
ecip

ecip

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:25 am

Sounds like a gerat idea Laas.
As soon as yesterday evening we had a full alliance WB, plus those who didnt get a spot in it.
If we can manage to get a full lvl40 balanced alliance WB up and running, im not entirely sure of just yet. Although i will from now on encourage all to join the alliance WB, I myself gained 25k renown from 2 hours in the alliance WB, where 75% of it came from player kills, so its without a doubt something i will do more often.

Here are 2 addons which I think could increase the effectiveness of a alliance WB.
Calling is superb if running premade groups btw.!!!

Calling
Assisting is independ of ingame organization of players: You can coordinate without being in the same group or warband.

You can dynamically form a Calling-Group within which every player can call for assist on his/her current target. Thus, you do not have to pre-determine an assist leader.

Whenever a call is issued, all members of the Calling-Group get an onscreen message with the most vital information about the call.

WARcommander

Lost on the battlefield? Wondered where on earth the Thaugamond Massif is? Lying dead and wishing you had an easy way to alert a resser? Wanted to get your warband to rally somewhere sensible before charging the enemy? Wishing that the people in your warband would give numbers and a location instead of just saying "inc"?

You need... WARCommander!

Have your warband members click a button to say they've spotted enemies, right click your map to send an order to regroup. An updates feed lets you see just where on the map these are with a single click.

Using the MapMonster

Last edited by ecip on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ecip

ecip

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Nothing is decided yet afro

Last edited by ecip on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xenon

Xenon

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:11 pm

Most in Defiance appreciate RvR and alliance warbands - but I can't give any guarantees as to when they're online or that they feel like joining for RvR at a given moment.

Zirnitra - WE
Rynniryll - WE
Ashryd - mara
Shichi - WE
Maystra - WE
Prokroustis - mara

Discordiae - sorc
Xenon - sorc
Shalak - magus
Steadders - SH

Nodens - cho
Nenofil - BG
Dromgog - BO
Waverne - cho
Ericson - cho
Hatreth - BG
Portaman - BO

Morrs - zeal
Moirae - zeal
Floppy - sham
Kiley - DoK
Mesmera - zeal
Back to top Go down
Laassaalos

Laassaalos

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:59 pm

Ty for the replys. To make the wb more effective I would like to have only those players who have the calling addon in the list. Ie you must have it to join a 'high power' warband. Maybe if we could get a GO from each guild to keep a list and then send it through to me once a month. Then i could organise it like that.

I know that just having the list is not enough, people are not always on and also people may do other things. This does not worry me. I would rather sit in a party of 6 to 12 guys who want to fight together than just play pug. I also understand that HP (high power) wbs will not happen every night... they can't its just not possible, at least not at the moment.

To further the drive to get players organised we could almost make a sub forum on this forum, where all can veiw but only those on the list can actualy comment, that way we can sorta get a feel of who those that want to play are as well as the obvious organisational value that this sort of forum would bring.

It would be nice to get a meeting with all the allaince leader and officers about this. So if you guys don’t mind i want to call an allaince leader/officer meeting sometime next week. I will put a temp thing in the Calander but the time is just random.... So we can change it and try get as many there as possible.
Back to top Go down
beetle

beetle

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:22 am

If I'm on - I'm definitely part of the weeebeee Smile
(just protect me coz i bruise easily)
Back to top Go down
Brinas

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:15 pm

While I agree that Warbands should be about having a plan and following the leader.
1. I don't think we can ask all members to have certain add-ons to be part of the warband.
2. We should encourage people to join, not exclude them, our biggest issue is that too many members are in pug warbands instead of in our own. I do not want have to completely retrain people once they reach 40, because they've been running in pug zergs.

More importantly, there has to be a guildleader/warbandleader system that keeps track of who does and who doesn't join the warbands on a regular basis, to prevent last time's IC warband mess, where it was a first come basis, leaving out quite a few regular members.
Back to top Go down
ecip

ecip

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:15 am

After tonights small discussion on alliance chat, it seems like the majority of people dont want to be forced into installing a certain addon, so people shouldnt be excluded just for not having Calling Addon.

The idea of having a HP WB aint bad clearly, who wouldnt love to pwn order? But I think it should only happen on created events, otherwise too many people will feel to be left out of The Union, which wouldnt be a good thing.

A few personal thoughts:

I myself think we should try to aim on getting more regular alliance WBs running in the first place.

We should get more people to start these WBs, instead of just 3-4 of us, leadership can always be given away if the person doesnt want to lead.

People who on regular basis joins the alliance WB, should have first priority to get invited to them once the WB has been created, but once its open for all, nobody should be kicked, just to replace someone who logs on later and wants to join.

With the 3 new guilds joining us soon, there will without a doubt be more people interested in joining the alliance WBs, which I think will make the WBs stay "alive" for a longer time. Have tried a few times asking if people were interested in alliance WBs, and if only a few reply, only a few will join, seems like people go with the flow, any suggestions on how to increase the interest??¿¿

Seems like people were agreeable with my suggestion on making a penalty, if anyone but the leader queues us up for City instances. Same thing should count for running Scenarios while in WB, if you join its for having a team-play, not for running scenarios solo.

Quote :
More importantly, there has to be a guildleader/warbandleader system that keeps track of who does and who doesn't join the warbands on a regular basis, to prevent last time's IC warband mess, where it was a first come basis, leaving out quite a few regular members.

That WB happened quite fast, and from the moment i created the WB, it only took 20 secs to fill it complety up with alliance members. And yes, sadly some active alliance members were left out. But how to decide who is joining on regular basis, and who is not? This could easily turn into a alliance fight.
Can this be done with inviting 1 from every guild, give them assistant, and let them invite people, before opening the WB to the rest of the alliance, suggestions are most welcome on this topic.

We have proven ourself much worthy in RvR and sieges before. Just look back at the time in Altdorf where we wiped The Committee and completed stage 2 BW college PQ. When doing it with people from the alliance makes its much more fun, than being in some PuG.

Fell free to discuss if im right or wrong on anything.!!
Back to top Go down
Zanzar

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:44 am

I quite like the idea of this, but it is also clear that not everyone supports it.

Some suggestions:
- make a poll of some sort to see who might be interested and who isn't.
- if this thing goes ahead, u'll have to take it a bit further then just using the same addons. Get vent and make sure everyone in that group/wb is on vent. If you don't get organised, it'll never work, trust me on this.
- make sure people know exactly what is expected from them to avoid nasty surprises and unnecessary drama. The members in it should also be aware that the wb's ambitions won't always be in line with personal ambitions.
- don't give up if it fails a couple of times. Practice makes perfect. Maybe start setting up some premades for sc's and build up from there. If the experience is positive and this group is really owning, u'll automatically attract others.
- be VERY carefull with setting conditions (who can and cannot join). From previous mmo experiences I know that skill and the willingness to make something out of it overrules gear and level on a lot of occasions. A 35 char in greens, but properly motivated, will kick a lot more ass then a semi afk 40 decked in epics. Furthermore, I don't think one wants to demotivate or lock out members that haven't hit 40 yet. There has to be an insentive for everyone in the end.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I'm more then happy that we get some full alliance wb's up and running now and then, but of course, the more organised, the better.

GL with the initiative.

P.S. about the IC wb: maybe have every guild make its own group/wb first. Once you know how many people every guild can get together, you can merge such and such group/wb until you end up with one or more complete alliance wb's. It'll take a bit of admin, but at least no one gets locked out.
Back to top Go down
Oja

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:30 pm

I now have both Calling and WARcommander, so i'm ready to go with our Alliance WBs!=)

on another note, if guilds have certain dungeon runs etc on specific days, pls inform others about them!
Will be easier to decide when we would be ready to do ORvR, thank you!

EDIT: typo
Back to top Go down
Laassaalos

Laassaalos

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:30 pm

The first point I want to make is that HPwbs are not designed to split the alliance nor exclude certain grps. This seems contradictory I know. HPwbs will have a set of guidelines (code) which all members must try to abide by. There will be very few YOU MUST DO THIS, it will have more things like what you are expected to do. In this code there will be predetermined days that HPwbs run. So maybe 2 or 3 days a week there will be a call for a HPwb. On all other days it will be strictly against the code to call a HPwb. Joining a HPwb is at the player’s will, no one is force to join. In the code there will be an expectation that you will answer the call and join a HPwb. On the other days members are free to do whatever they wish. This brings me to my next point.

On the other days there will still be alliance wbs, this will be open to all. In fact it is better for people who are not on the list to join.. This way the alliance actually can introduce member to alliance RvR, and it gives people who are on the list time to jel with players who are not so that when they join their won't be a sudden jump. Also members need to do PvE and go to lotd etc. In this way I think that HPwbs will not exclude other member, in fact to a certain extent it will improve inclusion as members can only do HPwbs on certain days.

I want to just quickly define the two types of wbs, (if it is not clear already) The one is a normal open alliance wb, there are no requirements other that you must be in T4 and part of the alliance and we all just do what the leader says. HPwbs are run only on certain days, only certain people can join and tactics and addons will be used.

On the vent story... I don't think it is 100% necessary. In the last few wbs that I lead I made certain short hand commands (e.g. Stay Together = st) with 5 to 10 common commands you can defiantly get a cohesive unit going and also using predetermined tactics will help. These tactics can be posted on the forum so all can see it and learn how we engage a situation, this way hardly any talking is required as all know what to do.

I do think that the calling addon will be required, to be effective I think it is necessary. It’s not the hardest thing to install and it makes such a difference. This can be discussed at a later stage

Lastly people in a HPwb are expected to never leave after a wipe, only after a victory and/or a certain time will it be considered ok to leave. Course if you have to leave cos you going out or something that is different, but leaving cos you want to go to lotd or lv or something will be frowned upon. Also forgetting about personal gain is expected, if a zone is about to lock... tough we do what is needed by destro. These kinds of expectations are the sorts of things that I would imagine to go into the 'code'

Well that’s my bit, keep this thread going till the vote.
Thanks for your input so far guys Smile
Back to top Go down
beetle

beetle

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:02 pm

sorry if this has been mentioned before, i just skimmed thru the responses on here. at the risk of reiteration:

can we suggest certain days a week where ORVR WB (either HP or not) are to be carried out. for instance:
monday
wednesday
friday/saturday

these can be posted up on alliance shared calendar

that way if we all have a basic idea on what happens when, more people may be able to make time for it

again, just an idea - im sure someone thought of this previously Razz

kudos on initiating this thread laas, its certainly an important topic to discuss since most ppl play this game based on chance rather than a well thought-out strategy

- Bee alien
Back to top Go down
Laassaalos

Laassaalos

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:28 am

Just a reminder i have moved the meeting to sunday this week, instead of Saturday
Back to top Go down
Laassaalos

Laassaalos

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:01 pm

Should we run the meeting on Vent, or should we just do it through the chat? I will chair the meeting and i will have an aganda. I want to keep it on track and make sure we cover all the items on the list.
Back to top Go down
Laassaalos

Laassaalos

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:41 am

Here is the agenda for the meeting tonight. At the moment Vent will not be used. However if people at the meeting have it then we may use it.

Agenda

-Vote if HP warbands should happen
-Vote on the number of times per week
-Getting space on the Union forum
-The Code – Who should write it? Vote
If Laassaalos and a few others must write it then meeting ends. (If so the code is made by them and commented on later by the rest of the Union)
If not then voting on
-vent usage
-Calling usage
-Some one to write up a brief set of tactics
-Minimum Rank and RR rank
-Comments by others.
Meeting over

Voting works as follows Each guild has one vote. Although there will probably be more than one member from some guild, one person must represent the guild. Please bring 1 guild banner as well so we can see which guilds are present.

Thanks guys hope to see you there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

High power Wbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: High power Wbs   High power Wbs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High power Wbs
Page 1 of 1